Monday, May 8, 2017

Walking and fundraising

        Instead of going to earth day I decided to go with my mom and my friend to a walk for cancer. I chose to do this because of the fact the walk was for a good cause and I wanted to show awareness for the people who have passed/survivors. It was actually a really fun experience. We had our own tent because we were there with my moms job. Before we started walking we sat in the tent and ate granola bars and drank juice so we can energize. It was really nice to meet new people and I can admit I'm a pretty shy person when it comes to meeting new adults. When we actuallly started to walk we walked around THE WHOLE soldier field. We walked a whole 3 miles!!!! It didn't even feel long it felt like I was walking to school to be honest but maybe that's a little TOO short. I got to walk by the museum and I got to even go in soldier field.


     Going to the walk was a really phenomenal expierce of me overall. I got to meet new people and knowing that I'm walking for a disease that affects people's health all around the United States makes me feel like I did something good for people that didn't have it so good for a period of time. It was a really beneficial walk for everyone and I'm very glad I got to participate in an event like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment